Friday, December 12, 2014

Quotes to Note: from “Gruber on ObamaCare: 'I helped write it'”, by Jesse Byrnes, The Hill, December 110, 2014.

The following quotes are by the man himself, Johnathon Gruber, in a lecture videotaped to an MIT undergraduate economics class and in subsequent videos.

“ObamaCare is the single most important piece of government legislation perhaps since World War II."

“Full disclaimer: I'm going to describe it objectively, but I helped write it.”

“So I'll be objective – I'll try to be objective – but just full disclaimer I was involved in writing the legislation, so there is some bias involved here.”

“Yes, I want the public to be informed by an objective expert. But the thing is, I know more about this law than any other economist."

“Several of the architects of Massachusetts reform, including myself, worked closely with the Administration and Congress to translate the lessons from Massachusetts onto the national stage.”

The back cover of his 2011 comic book explaining healthcare reform says he was “a key architect of Massachusetts's ambitious health reform effort” who “consulted extensively with the Obama administration and Congress during the development of the Affordable Care Act.”

Of a visit to the White House in 2009 with a private chit-chat with the President:

“It was just a fun, intellectual conversation.”

Conclusion: Jonathon Gruber is a legend in his own mind and a liability to the Obama legacy.


No comments: