Sunday, August 18, 2013
Obamacare Outcome: TBD (To Be Determined)
To be or not to be, that is the question.
Shakespeare (1564-1616), Hamlet
Hillary Clinton’s Twitter profile says of her future, TBD, “To be determined.” The same applies to Obamacare.
With Obamacare, the question goes further than “To be, or not to be.” It evokes other TBDs, with these questions.
· To Be Dated, will it depend on what happens after October 1, 2013, how many young and healthy sign up, what occurs after January 1, 2014, when Obamacare officially goes full-bore, or after the midterms, in November 2014, when the makeup of Congress is decided, or 2016, when a new president takes office?
· To Be Decided, by whom, politicians and the electorate?
· To Be Declared, as workable or unworkable when put into action?
· To Be Defined, as amended and altered going forward?
· To Be Defunded, do Republicans have political guts?
· To Be Delayed, what’s next, the individual mandate?
· To Be Delivered, when, and in what form?
· To Be Derailed. at cost of shutting down government?
· To Be Designed, or redesigned and by whom?
· To Be Determined, by future events?
· To Be Discontinued, if so, what is the alternative?
· To Be Discussed, be evryone, but on what basis and by who's political bases?
· To Be Documented, in less ambiguous, less legalistic language?
· To Be Done, this is not a question. It will never be done. it will evolve.
Tweet: Obamacare’s future goes beyond the question “To be or not to be?” If it is to be done, which of its provisions are not to be?