Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.
Winston Churchill (1874-1965), Speech in London, 1942
- Individual mandate takes effect.
- Employer mandate delayed until 2015.
- Income verification checks suspended.
- Guaranteed issue mandate takes effect.
- Community rating mandate takes effect.
- Minimum essential coverage rules take effect.
- Actuarial value mandate takes effect.
- Ban on annual limits takes effect.
- Health insurance deductible limits mandate takes effect.
- Maximum out-of-pocket limit mandate takes effect.
- Medicare Advantage medical loss ratio (MLR) price control takes effect.
- Medicaid expansion takes effect [note: made optional for states by the Supreme Court]
- Health insurance tax takes effect.
- Temporary Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan (PCIP) expires.
- Temporary reinsurance program for retiree coverage expires.