Thursday, November 22, 2012


The Turkey Is A Respectable Bird
It’s hard to soar with the eagles when you’re dealing with turkeys.
Anonymous turkey hater
I wish the bald eagle had not been chosen as the representative for our country; he is a bird of bad moral character…The turkey is a much more respectable bird, and withal a true original native of America.
Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)

November 22, 2012

I do not wish to soar with the eagles that are bald.

I am much more with the lowly turkey enthralled.

Besides you cannot eat an eagle.

That would definitely be illegal.

Besides the turkey symbolizes Thanksgiving

About that I have not a single misgiving.

I am proud to be a physician living in America.

We have a fine health system for reasons numerica.

Let us not reform it beyond recognition,

For reasons defying reasonable cognition.

And let’s not reform with rules so murky,

That it causes doctors to quit cold turkey.

No comments: