Tuesday, September 15, 2015
Oh, Well, A Few Trillion Dollars Here and a Few Billion Dollars There, and Pretty Soon, We’ll Be Talking About Real Money
Socialist Bernie Sanders proposal to expand government largesse over the next decade include:
• $15 trillion for Medicare for all.
• $1.2 trillion for Social Security.
• $1.9 trillion to rebuild roads, bridges, and airports.
• $750 billion for tuition-fee schools and more favorable financing.
• $319 billion to allow workers paid family and medical leave.
• $29 billion to bolster private pension funds.
• $5.5 billion for jobs for disadvantaged youth.
Source: Laura Meckler, Price Rag of Sanders Proposals; $18 Trillion, Wall Street Journal, September 15, 2015