Saturday, January 31, 2009

Social networking, Twitter - Tweet Thoughts about Twitter

Preface: Some of you out there may not be aware of the latest twists and twaddle in rapid communication on the Internet. It’s Twitter. Twitter is two years now, and it’ s the rage in the social networking world. Twitter messages are restricted to 140 characters, and answer the question, “What are you doing?” The messages on Twitter are called “Tweeties, “ or “Tweets,” and applications go by names of Twinkles, Twitterricks, Twidgets, or Twaddles, Twickie. or Tweedles.

Why this blog? Well, it’s Saturday night, a time for rest from the usual routine. And frankly, I’m weary of constant chatter about health innovations and health reform. Health reform is a serious business, but keep in mind only 15% of any nation’s health is due to its health system. The other 85% of factors contributing to health come from its culture, its literacy rate, its hygiene systems, and its socioeconomic levels.

The inspiration for Twitter may have come from Lewis Carroll’s “Through a Looking Glass, in chapter called Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum.

The following is from Through a Looking Glass. Alice in Wonderland.

THEY were standing under a tree, each with an arm round the other's neck, and Alice knew which was which in a moment, because one of them had “DUM” embroidered on his collar, and the other “DUM". `I suppose they've each got “ TWEEDLE”round at the back of the collar,' she said to herself.

They stood so still that she quite forgot they were alive, and she was just going round to see if the word “TTWEEDLE " was written at the back of each collar, when she was startled by a voice coming from the one marked "DUM.”

I'm sure I'm very sorry,' was all Alice could say; for the words of the old song kept ringing through her head like the ticking of a clock, and she could hardly help saying them out loud:

Tweedledum and Tweedledee
Agreed to have a battle!
For Tweedledum said Tweedledee
Had spoiled his nice new rattle.

Here’s a Tweet for You.

There once was a young blogger seeking absolute brevity

He feared anything reeking of resolute longevity.

So he became all a’twitter about sending Tweeties on Twitter,

In 140 characters or less he could be a regular Web transmitter,

He could micro-blog pith to all in the social networking vicinity.

Oops! That’s no Tweetie. It has 292 characters, as a Tweet it twas not to be and
twill not do.

I try again.

A blogger seeking brevity,

Resisted longevity.

He sent Tweeties on Twitter,

He’s now a Web transmitter,

For others in his cyber-vicinity.

Now that’s better, 135 characters. How tweet it is. I’m no quitter when it comes to Twitter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No matter if some one searches for his necessary thing,
therefore he/she wants to be available that in detail,
so that thing is maintained over here.

Also visit my website; cheap health insurance plans