Thursday, December 5, 2013
All Healthcare Gall Is Divided Into Three Parts
All Gaul is divided into three parts.
Julius Caesar (100 BC -44 BC), De Bello Gallico
Caesar almost had it right, but he was living at a different time in a different country discussing a different topic, so we’ ll forgive him if he'll forgive us for parapharasing him.
If Caesar were alive today, he might be saying healthcare gall comes in three parts.
· Three failed promises – universal coverage, reduced costs, keeping your health plan
· Three unanswered questions – how many people are on the website? How many have signed up? How broken is the back end?
· Three reasons the young are walking away – They don’t have a job. They’re paying twice the market rate. They’ve living in their parents’ basements to subsidize older people who have pensions or jobs.
Tweet: People are unhappy with healthcare today because of failed promises, unanswered questions, and unaffordable costs for subsidizing others.
1) Tevi Troy, “The Three Failed Promises of ObamaCare,” Commentary, December, 2013
2) Z. Byron Wolf, “3 Questions the Obama Administration Won’t Answer,” CNN Politics, December 4, 2013
3) Charles Krauthammer, “Young People Are Walking Away Because It’s a Bad Deal, “ Real Clear Politics Video, December 4, 2013