- Don't forget, you pay for what others get.
- Eat my brocolli, it's good for you.
Wednesday, November 13, 2013
The Apology Translated
I am sorry that they, you know, are finding themselves in this situation, based on assurances they got from me..a lot of plans are subpar plans…We’re talking about 5% of the population.. Be able to get better care at the same cost or cheaper... our reform was designed to deliver better plans because they want ‘em...We’re gonna do everything we can to get the cancellations fixed.”
President Obama in Chuck Todd interview
Translation with later caveats included,
What President Obama really said and meant about healthcare.gov.
· I’m sorry, but not to worry.
· Our present website may be horrific, but our final product will be terrific.
· Your present dire situation is a temporary aberration.
· The bad news comes now, the good news comes later.
· My reform plan is more than a website, once you’ve sampled it, it will be a delight.
· Your present plans are subpar, your future plans will be better by far.
· Future plans will be cheaper and better, so don’t be a weeper, remember my message when you get your cancellation letter.
· But if your new plan is dearer, have no fear; you are paying your fair share to subsidize others.
· The present website is under the weather, but don’t worry, we’ll soon be all birds of the same feather together.
· Pay your fair share, you’ve got money to spare.
· We’re working on this website 24/7, soon you’ll be in health reform heaven.
· Assurances from me won't cover insurances for you.
Tweet: Herein is the translation of President Obama’s apology for cancellations of health plans.