Friday, December 18, 2015


Donald Trump and Doctor Seuss


Donald Trump has a long business resume, which he characterizes as distinguished (" I built a great company!) He has a Sense of Hubris (“I’m leading in all the polls!” He has a Sense of Humus( “My opponents are playing dirty!") He has a Sense of Humidity (“You’re all wet!”) He has a Sense of Humiliation (“I’m at 42%, you’re at 3%! He has a Sense of Hunkiness (“I’m strong, and the rest of you and she are weak!)
What he lacks is a Sense of Humility.

Jimmy Kimmel, the late night TC host, brought out this Sense of Humility and even a Sense of Humor when Kimmel read from hia Doctor Seuss book “Winners Aren’t Losers,” Kimmel ghost wrote the book featuring a Trump-like figure.

Excerpts included:

“Those losers are failures who get nothing done

Just do what I do and you'll be No. one."


And

"Here are some frogs I do not like at all

We must kick these frogs out

And then build a wall."


And

"Oh, the places you'll go

On your yacht!

On your plane!

With your suits from Milan!

And your wives from Ukraine!"


Trump listened took it all good naturedly in stride. He even read the last line aloud of the book. He showed a Sense of Humanity and Humility.

"I would like to see the Republican Party come together," he said. "And I've been a little bit divisive, in the sense that I've been hitting people pretty hard." In an interview with Barbara Walters, when asked what He would think of himself if he lost the GOP nomination, Trump confessed, " I would be a loser."

No comments: